Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
Watershed’s go to market organizations are growing in size and complexity in order to support extremely ambitious growth in the coming months and years. We’re looking for a highly motivated and experienced Deal Desk Manager. You’ll be responsible for managing the deal process and driving standardization. We’ll look to you to propose, design, and deploy deal structure & processes for the Sales team that improve customer experience, expand Watershed’s revenue, and improve team efficiency.
You will work with various departments within the company such as Sales, Legal, Finance and Revenue Operations to ensure that all deals are structured to meet business goals while managing risk. This position is preferred to be in our SF, but it can be in our NYC office or remote in the US.
- Manage key components of the deal process including deal evaluation, pricing, and structure
- Develop pricing and discounting strategies that maximize revenue and profitability while maintaining competitive positioning
- Lead deal reviews and approval processes to ensure alignment with company policies and guidelines
- Develop and maintain deal desk policies and procedures to standardize deal structures and reduce complexity
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders to ensure alignment and buy-in for deal structures and pricing strategies
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise SaaS deal management, pricing, or related roles
- Extensive knowledge of SaaS licensing models
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with legal and regulatory compliance requirements for deal management
- Ownership mindset with strong attention to detail
- Prefer experience building out deal desk structures and processes, or at least have a strong vision on how to build it out
What’s your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US and EU time zones, and we’re committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We have hub offices in San Francisco, New York and London, and remote team members from Oregon to New Jersey to Ireland. There may be certain jobs that need to be in San Francisco / New York / London or certain locations, and will be specifically noted in the job description or in conversations.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a (usually virtual) onsite interview after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.